To make an appointment please call
Sports Massage is the term applied to the discipline of using massage for the specific benefit of all sports and exercise participants. It covers the management, manipulation and rehabilitation of the soft tissues of the body eg. Muscles, ligaments and tendons.
It is a form of massage which focuses on the muscle systems used in activity. The techniques used can aid reduction of soreness and help enhance power, endurance and flexibility.
Regardless of whether you exercise or play sport to keep fit, compete from club to international level, have a muscular injury / problem, including prevention of injury, then sports massage has something to offer.
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Improve circulation & lymphatic flow
- Sedate or stimulate nerve endings
- Increase or decrease muscle length
- Assist in the removal of metabolic waste & toxins
- Increase or decrease muscle tone
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
Sports/ Remedial Massage – Nothing to lose but pain
Sports/ Remedial Massage